Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween Treat- Recipe

Happy Halloween to everyone!

For Halloween I wanted to include a treat for all of my readers! I haven't figured out whether it's really a tutorial or a recipe, but since it's edible, I'm going with recipe.

Spooky Jello Worm Cups

4 small boxes of green gelatin
3 small boxes of gelatin of your choice- I recommend a light color like orange
12 cups of water, divided
gummi worms
clear plastic party cups

Boil 4 cups of water. Stir in all of green gelatin until completely dissolved. Add 3 cups cold water. Stir to combine. Ladle into cups and refrigerate until set. After green gelatin has set, boil 3 cups of water. Add remaining gelatin to hot water and stir until completely dissolved. Add 2 cups of very cold water. Remove cups from refrigerator and place gummi worms on top, reserving 1 per cup for topping. If you have smaller ones like we did they will be covered by your second layer, if they are large, you can dangle them over the edge of your cup etc. for a different look if you choose. Ladle second flavor of gelatin over worms. Refrigerate until firm. Top with worms just before serving. Keep leftovers refrigerated.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Man! How Friggin' Cool! I gotta make this!!!

Just Being Myself said...

oh those are so cool! My kids would LOVE these!! *runs to get jello!*