Thursday, September 18, 2008

Donna Pool Designs Product Review

Donna Pool Designs is one of my favorite Etsy shops! One of my very first Etsy purchases was made from this fabulous lady, and I am so glad. Donna uses vintage magazine cutouts to create one of a kind buttons, pocket mirrors, tie tacks, key chains, and magnets. I love that she gives new life to these old images, and puts them into items that can be used on a daily basis by the people who appreciate them. Donna also sells beautiful photography, photo note cards, and handmade puzzle balls and bears. One of the things that sets Donna apart is that all of her work is truly hand done. Every stitch is made by hand!
I carry my Donna Pool Designs pocket mirror with me all the time. As soon as it arrived, I was in love with the design (seen below). But I have truly put this pocket mirror to the test, and it has survived! Earlier this week I accidentally ran my beautiful pocket mirror through the washing machine. I feared that I had ruined it.. that water would have gotten in and destroyed the vintage image. But when it came out, it was just as beautiful as when it went it, with not water staining, or even any seepage! There was also no damage to the mirror itself. I wouldn't recommend trying this, but could not be more pleased with the durability of this beautiful product.
Obviously Donna Pool Designs is dedicated to creating the highest quality handmade items, but it goes further. Donna loves to promote all things handmade, and support her fellow Etsy sellers, and Etys lovers. Make sure to stop by her shop to pick up some Etsy items like buttons or key chains to show that you too, heart Etsy!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a wonderful post! I heard about your blog through the EtsyMom forum, which Donna is a part of. Your clips are cute, especially the halloween set!

:) Jaime